HOW is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We have developed this policy in order for you to understand how HOW collects and uses your information. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
HOW encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from HOW so that you can understand HOW those Web sites collect, use and share your information. HOW is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the HOW web sites.
How We Collect Information
Other than simply browsing our website, there are a variety of other ways information may be collected from you as you use our website:
- Making an online donation.
- Registering for an event.
- Sending an email via a link on a Chapter web page
- Liking and participating in Chapter Facebook page
What We Collect
We may collect the following information, personal information that you choose to supply to HOW and non-personal information:
- Personal information
- Contact information including mailing address and email address
- Demographic information and personal information such as job title, postcode, preferences and interests
Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website
- Non-personal information
- Session cookies to help you navigate through our site
- Your IP address and browsing variables (e.g., domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend at our website, etc.)
This information is used by HOW for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the HOW web site.
We May Use Your Personal Information and Non-personal Information for the Following Reasons:
Generally, we request and use this personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as making a donation, participating in events and our store, hosted by Hook1. We also use information, such as cookies and IP information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience.
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis.
- Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions.
- Improve our programs and services.
- Customize the website according to your interests.
- Share information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases.
- Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing.
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing.
- Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, our alumni, donors, customers, or others or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
Heroes On The Water does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. HOW may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to HOW, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Heroes On The Water does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Heroes On The Water keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within HOW, in order to determine what HOW services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within HOW to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
HOW is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the HOW family of Web sites.
Donations You Make on our Website
We collect only enough information to process your donation and do not use the information for any other purpose. Your payment information is transmitted to us using a secure internet method that helps ensure the privacy of this information. During the time your payment information resides on our computers, it is in an encrypted format and can only be accessed by authorized personnel with a decryption key. You can make financial contributions online, by mail, or by calling 214.295.4541.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Privacy of Children
We are mindful that young people need special safeguards and privacy protection. We realize that they may not understand all the provisions of our policy or be able to make thoughtful decisions about the choices that are made available to our adult users. We strongly urge all parents to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
Heroes On The Water web site use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
The cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is usually removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the HOW services or web sites you visit.
HOW may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes. If you do not agree or are not comfortable with any of the actions described in this policy, your remedy is to discontinue your use of the website. This policy is effective from April 15, 2013.
If you have any questions about this policy or the practices of our website, please write to
Heroes On The Water
101-C N Greenville Ave #55
Allen, TX 75002