Still Duty Bound
The purpose of Veterans Day is to honor all of America’s veterans who have served our country. A day to show these warriors that they are not forgotten, and a day to show them that their countrymen and women are eternally grateful for their bravery, service and sacrifice.
At Heroes on the Water, we treat every day as if it is Veterans Day. It is our duty to serve the warriors who have defended our country, and to give them the peace and serenity they deserve in their lives. If there’s one thing we know about our warriors is that once they answer their call to service they will continue to serve, in some way or another, for the rest of their lives. In turn, it is our duty to do the same for them.
We have volunteers all across HOW Nation who have answered their call of duty and who make our mission possible. While Veterans Day is a reminder to always remember and celebrate our country’s warriors and their families, let us do more than just observe. We are continuing to grow and the number of heroes in need of our service is growing as well.
Here are a few things some of our chapters around the country are doing to celebrate Veterans Day:
- NWest Chapter (Nov 5) – Veterans Day Parade March
- Southwest Louisiana Chapter (Nov 6) – Participating in a Veterans Day Celebration
- Northeast Florida Chapter (Nov 11) – Veteran’s Day Banquet & Celebration
- Southwest FL Chapter (Nov 11-12) – Participating in a Wilderness Waterway PTSD Awareness Paddle
- Central FL Chapter (Nov 12) – HOW Kayak Fishing Event & Lunch
- Arizona Chapter (Nov 12) – HOW Kayak Fishing Event with Breakfast & Lunch
- Lowcountry SC Chapter (Nov 12) – HOW Kayak Fishing Event & Lunch
- DFW Chapter (Nov 12) – Veteran’s Day Banquet & Celebration
- Mohave Valley AZ Chapter (Nov 12) – HOW Kayak Fishing Event & Lunch
- Southeast WI Chapter (Nov 11-13) – HOW Kayak Fishing Event
Make an impact this Veterans Day and do your civic duty by giving back to those who have so selflessly serving our country. Donate or volunteer with HOW today!